Versaperm is a world leader in the measurement of gas permeability. We design and manufacture gas permeability instruments as well as provide a permeability testing service.
Job Title: Technical Assistant
Responsible to (Job title): Technical Director/Managing Director
The Role: We are looking for an individual to support the Technical Director in the design, manufacture and servicing of our scientific instruments as well as provide support within our permeability testing laboratory. Duties will include:
- Work with the Technical Director to understand the design requirements of new instruments and support the manufacture (either in-house or outsourced) to agreed specifications and time-scales
- Provide day-to-day technical support to customers
- Visit customers to service instruments/trouble-shoot issues
- Support the Technical Director in instrument parts stock tracking and ordering
- Carry out permeability testing of various materials on behalf of customers
Experience Required: While on-the-job training will be provided, the role will suit a candidate with an engineering, chemistry, physics or similar background who has a demonstrated technical aptitude. You are could be a recent graduate or you have experience of working in a manufacturing, engineering or scientific/laboratory role.
Candidate Profile: You are someone with a can-do attitude who enjoys a hands-on approach to their work. You have a great attention to detail and you have strong communication and organizational skills. You are equally comfortable working under close supervision and, when required, independently. You would relish the opportunity to grow with a small company where there is potential to develop.
Terms and Conditions:
- Part-time or full-time will be considered
- Salary is commensurate with experience. Pension and bonus.
If you are interested in applying for the position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or by post to the address below.
Versaperm Limited, 10 Rawcliffe House, Howarth Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1AP